- Labour Action on Energy Prices
- Toughest action ever on litter
- The Sheffield Response to the Taxpayers' Alliance
- Sheffield Labour Council: Seeking Sheffield Businesses to Kickstart Electric Vehicle Revolution
- Memo to Aspiring Sheffield Hallam Candidates
- Speech to Full Council: Council Tax Benefit
- Joining ASDA Community Team for a local Litter Pick
- Labour delivers a Living Wage for Sheffield
- Hestletine admits error - now we need solutions
Recent blog posts
Jack on Twitter
I warmly welcome the announcement by Ed Miliband that One Nation Labour is planning to freeze energy bills until the start of 2017.
Gas and electricity bills have gone up £300 for the average household since 2010.
Under David Cameron, Britain’s families are facing a cost of...
The Taxpayers' Alliance has recently released its annual figures for the top salaries within Local Authorities. These cover the 2010-11 and 2011-12 financial years.
Here are the headlines that the Daily Mail gleefully picked up on:
* There were at least 2,525 council...
I'm really pleased that we are leading a project across South Yorkshire to increase the uptake of electric vehicles in the...
The speech below was delivered to a meeting of the Sheffield Full Council, in response to the Coalition’s plan to force Local Authorities to charge working-age people who currently receive Council Tax Benefit.
*** CHECK AGAINST DELIVERY ***
I recently went out in my role with a Cabinet Member for the Environment, Recycling and StreetScene and got my hands dirty out in the local community joining Asda’s Community Team to pick litter in Graves Park.
Although council budgets have been cut massively it doesn’t stop local...
I am delighted to be supporting Labour's plan for action for a living wage...
For the first time ever, I am taking part in Movember this year with my cabinet colleagues.
Please sponsor me by clicking ...
- 1 of 6
A New Politics
As a local ward Councillor and community activist giving people a voice is one of my top priorities. I want everyone to feel they have a stake in our society - politics is central to that.
Click here to find out more about my style and the way forward