- Labour Action on Energy Prices
- Toughest action ever on litter
- The Sheffield Response to the Taxpayers' Alliance
- Sheffield Labour Council: Seeking Sheffield Businesses to Kickstart Electric Vehicle Revolution
- Memo to Aspiring Sheffield Hallam Candidates
- Speech to Full Council: Council Tax Benefit
- Joining ASDA Community Team for a local Litter Pick
- Labour delivers a Living Wage for Sheffield
- Hestletine admits error - now we need solutions
Recent blog posts
Jack on Twitter
100 days of action - Star letter
Labour has been in power in Sheffield for just over 100 days.
Below is the text of a letter I sent to the Star
100 Days of Action
Sheffield City Council has been a whirlwind of activity since the LibDems were booted out by the people of Sheffield just over 100 days ago.
In that time, Labour has restored funding for PCSOs, repaired some of the ConDem cuts to SureStart and stopped the LibDems decision to create an unfair two-tier system in adult social care.
We have also launched one of England’s largest apprenticeship schemes to make sure young people are given the opportunities they need. We are standing up for Sheffield and protecting frontline services as much as possible.
All of these improvements were opposed by the LibDems, who need to think carefully about why they lost, because just sniping from the sidelines and sticking up for the Tories doesn’t help anyone.
Of course, there’s a lot more work to do to make Sheffield as good as it can be, but Labour’s new approach is making Sheffield a better place to live, learn and work. This is just the start.
Councillor Jack Scott
Labour Councillor for Arbourthorne Ward
A New Politics
As a local ward Councillor and community activist giving people a voice is one of my top priorities. I want everyone to feel they have a stake in our society - politics is central to that.
Click here to find out more about my style and the way forward