- Toughest action ever on litter
- The Sheffield Response to the Taxpayers' Alliance
- Sheffield Labour Council: Seeking Sheffield Businesses to Kickstart Electric Vehicle Revolution
- Memo to Aspiring Sheffield Hallam Candidates
- Speech to Full Council: Council Tax Benefit
- Joining ASDA Community Team for a local Litter Pick
- Labour delivers a Living Wage for Sheffield
- Hestletine admits error - now we need solutions
- Hacked off
Recent blog posts
Jack on Twitter
I am currently away on holiday in Norfolk.
I got an email this morning from one of the people who deals with the press to ask me about a letter, apparently from me, that appeared in the Star... I then got a couple of texts from people "checking I was alright"!
The letter was basically a rant about "incompetent public servants, quangocrats, lazy public sector workers" etc.
Needless to say the letter has nothing to do with me, but is from a hoaxer who has started submitting letters using the names of left-wing people - The Star accidentally published another hoax a few weeks ago from local MP Angela Smith.
They have now taken down the online version and promised an apology in tomorrow's paper.
Pretty pathetic really, but it had the presumeably desired effect of annoying me. Pity - I'd much rather engage sensibly with the issue.
Now, back to my holiday.
A New Politics
As a local ward Councillor and community activist giving people a voice is one of my top priorities. I want everyone to feel they have a stake in our society - politics is central to that.
Click here to find out more about my style and the way forward