- Labour Action on Energy Prices
- Toughest action ever on litter
- The Sheffield Response to the Taxpayers' Alliance
- Sheffield Labour Council: Seeking Sheffield Businesses to Kickstart Electric Vehicle Revolution
- Memo to Aspiring Sheffield Hallam Candidates
- Speech to Full Council: Council Tax Benefit
- Joining ASDA Community Team for a local Litter Pick
- Labour delivers a Living Wage for Sheffield
- Hestletine admits error - now we need solutions
Recent blog posts
Jack on Twitter
Hestletine admits error - now we need solutions
Today the Star has published my (genuine) letter about Sheffield's economy. They have also published the apology for their error earlier this week:
The Star recently reported that Michael Heseltine has admitted that scrapping RDAs like Yorkshire Forward was "a mistake". I'm pleased he has seen the error of his ways. Yorkshire Forward wasn't perfect by any means, but over its lifetime it did lever in many millions of pounds of public and private investment from other parts of Europe for Sheffield's economy.
But the Tory-led government's hasty and reckless decision to scrap Yorkshire Forward has slammed the door shut to this investment, which is sorely needed to kickstart the economy. Their policies are hurting but they're not working.
Heseltine's admission that they got it wrong is all well and good, but our economy needs solutions. However, after over a year in power, there is still no sign the Government has any plan for how it will get our economy growing again.
Councillor Jack Scott, Arbourthorne
Editor's footnote: A letter appeared in yesterday's Star under the headline 'Money for nothing'. We were led to believe that this had been written by Coun Jack Scott, but he has asked us to clarify that he was not the author. We apologise for any embarrassment caused.
A New Politics
As a local ward Councillor and community activist giving people a voice is one of my top priorities. I want everyone to feel they have a stake in our society - politics is central to that.
Click here to find out more about my style and the way forward