- Toughest action ever on litter
- The Sheffield Response to the Taxpayers' Alliance
- Sheffield Labour Council: Seeking Sheffield Businesses to Kickstart Electric Vehicle Revolution
- Memo to Aspiring Sheffield Hallam Candidates
- Speech to Full Council: Council Tax Benefit
- Joining ASDA Community Team for a local Litter Pick
- Labour delivers a Living Wage for Sheffield
- Hestletine admits error - now we need solutions
- Hacked off
Recent blog posts
Jack on Twitter
Joining ASDA Community Team for a local Litter Pick
I recently went out in my role with a Cabinet Member for the Environment, Recycling and StreetScene and got my hands dirty out in the local community joining Asda’s Community Team to pick litter in Graves Park.
Although council budgets have been cut massively it doesn’t stop local businesses and residents from helping to keep their local communities clear from litter and make them more attractive places to live and play. It’s great that the Asda Community Team get involved like this in their local communities and give something back, so I want to say a big "Thanks" to them too. Graves Park looks a lot better after this work".
Whilst out, I worked with Hilary Allen, Community Representative for Asda. She said: "We were delighted to be joined by Councillor Jack Scott for our litter pick in Graves Park, we think it is important to give something back to the local community that we serve and we are glad he shares this view".
If you know of an event or something that we could do to help, please get in touch
A New Politics
As a local ward Councillor and community activist giving people a voice is one of my top priorities. I want everyone to feel they have a stake in our society - politics is central to that.
Click here to find out more about my style and the way forward