- Toughest action ever on litter
- The Sheffield Response to the Taxpayers' Alliance
- Sheffield Labour Council: Seeking Sheffield Businesses to Kickstart Electric Vehicle Revolution
- Memo to Aspiring Sheffield Hallam Candidates
- Speech to Full Council: Council Tax Benefit
- Joining ASDA Community Team for a local Litter Pick
- Labour delivers a Living Wage for Sheffield
- Hestletine admits error - now we need solutions
- Hacked off
Recent blog posts
Jack on Twitter
Letter to the Star
I have sent this letter to our local paper today:
VAT hike will hit families and the British economy
The Conservative-led Government raises VAT rises this week. Nick Clegg has broken so many promises it's hardly worth recalling that he categorically promised not to raise VAT and attacked the Tories for planning it.
The stark reality is that an average family will lose an extra £7.50 a week (£390 a year).
As always with a Tory tax rise, the poorest are being hit the hardest while the richest are let off.
This tax rise will damage our economy. Facing such big rises, people will spend less and inflation will soar. Cuts to the public sector will harm the economy even more. The Coalition should rethink this disastrous VAT rise.
Councillor Jack Scott, Arbourthorne Ward
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange
A New Politics
As a local ward Councillor and community activist giving people a voice is one of my top priorities. I want everyone to feel they have a stake in our society - politics is central to that.
Click here to find out more about my style and the way forward