- Labour Action on Energy Prices
- Toughest action ever on litter
- The Sheffield Response to the Taxpayers' Alliance
- Sheffield Labour Council: Seeking Sheffield Businesses to Kickstart Electric Vehicle Revolution
- Memo to Aspiring Sheffield Hallam Candidates
- Speech to Full Council: Council Tax Benefit
- Joining ASDA Community Team for a local Litter Pick
- Labour delivers a Living Wage for Sheffield
- Hestletine admits error - now we need solutions
Recent blog posts
Jack on Twitter
Today I attended Sheffield Fayre, in my ward. As well as meeting many many people from Arbourthorne and Norfolk Park, it was a great opportunity to see the richness of Sheffield's heritage.
Sheffield Fayre is northern England's largest free festival. The various attractions include favourites like the Sheffield Horticultural Show and the largest multi-period Living History Camp and Battle Re-enactment in the North of England.
Over 600 re-enactors in authentic costume enthusiastically recreate life through various eras from Roman times to the Second World War, encompassing live battles, fascinating displays, music and activities, educating and entertaining the whole family.
The Horticultural Show brings out Sheffield's green-fingered experts but also includes culinary, craft, art and photography classes, and an all-embracing competition for amateurs and serious enthusiasts, with classes for both adults and children.
It is organised almost entirely by volunteers and local residents and goes to show once again that we don't need David Cameron handing down crumbs and dictats in order to understand the Big Society.
They are always looking for more volunteers, so I urge everyone who can to get involved with next year's production and the Friends of Norfolk Heritage Park. You won't regret it.
A New Politics
As a local ward Councillor and community activist giving people a voice is one of my top priorities. I want everyone to feel they have a stake in our society - politics is central to that.
Click here to find out more about my style and the way forward